Problems with DX6 and AR6000

I have loaded the latest code 2.5.03 (I did not try the previous 2.5 versions) and made the amendment to get the GPS lock in Manual however I am having trouble getting Arupilot to read the throttle channel correctly. I have soldered the link on the back of the board and clipped the pin on the (Blue) shield.

Radio type is set to 0 (Fasst and Spektrum) and Throttle_in set to 1. When I initialise the Ardupilot it will declare a figure for the throttle between about 950 and 1158. The higher figure is correct. Subsequent warm boots give different readings. Also when changing modes it almost always goes into failsafe and declares a throttle of about 850-950 although I have not touched the throttle. When it is in STABILIZE and not in failsafe the throttle is very unresponsive and sluggish. The only thing that I can think of is that as the AR6000 outputs the pulses sequentially (6 channels) starting with the Throttle then Aileron (which I use as Rudder), Elevator, Rudder (unused), Gear (camera control) and lastly Aux (Ardupilot Mode switch) and Ardupliot reads the channels in 1, 2, 3 order could it be that it does not have enough time to read the throttle channel (CH3) particularly when the reading the mode switch?

Does anybody have a DX6 and AR6000 working sucessfully with version 2.5.03?

I have only bench tested as yet as I do not trust it in the air.

Thanks

Richard

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Developer
    Hi Richard,
    We did have one problem where the pin 13 was touching the connector above slightly. Basically there are two LED and resistors for the status light on pin 13. One for the main board and another for the shield. If both are active the voltage in will be too low to read.

Remove your shield and see if it works. If so, you may have a connection to the shield about. Try and remove the pin so it does not touch.

Don't worry too much about the failsafe. Once you get this working reliably, the failsafe will auto-calibrate during a ground-start. To perform a ground start, reset or power on the Ardupilot while in Manual and low throttle. Do this a few times and you'll have a calibrated failsafe.

Jason
  • 3D Robotics
    Have you tried with Radio Type set to 1?
  • Just to clarify. Athough 2.5.03 is the first release of 2.5 that I have loaded I did have a similar problem with a pre-release version that Jason kindly looked into.

Richard
This reply was deleted.

Activity