PX4 Multiwii

Timecop's  port  of  Multiwii to STM32  should work on the PX4  with some changes to put the mpu6000 in to I2c mode and use it as a Mpu6050 ,or a new  Multiwii driver for Mpu6000.
The latest version  of his Naze32  is using the Mpu6050, HMC5883 and  MS5611 sensors  running the ported Multiwii.

To start  I have experimented  with  many of the available boards over the last few years from the KK to the APM2.  including allinones  with  Multiwii ,  Freeflight/Naze32   with FF2  and multiwii( baseflight).

I have a APM2 setup  and a MegaPirate  on 2.8  with a 2560 board  and  Mpu6050,HMC5833,MS5611 using the Gy86 IMU.

The MegapirateNg flys very well and I  would say as good as the Apm2. I built my own Data Flash  board and added it to MegaPirateNg
I have also used Multiwii on the same setup with less impressive results. 

The Multipilot/Vrbrain  and the Arducopter32 port as best I can tell  only runs on the oilpan and analog sensors !   I can not find the page right now  but did see a  sugestion that  arducopter32 would run on the PX4  which may be possible  with an oilpan!  This same google page for the Px4  also called for a architecture discussion for development going forward.

A STM32 MPNG  using  MPU6050/6000, HMC5833,MS5611 would be a very good addition to the available options and allow the Px4 to fly  while development progresses on the new  code under rtos.

I will be playing with a STM development board  and GY86  IMU  and maybe  a PX4 and would welcome any input.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I  had not looked at  Areoquad  for a while  and I see  Areoquad32  software has these sensors confiureable  and MPU6000 interface selectable  as I2c or Spi   , wouldn't  that be great on arducopter !

So it looks like the next project will be Areoquad  with a Maple board  and the Gy86.

This reply was deleted.

Activity

DIY Robocars via Twitter
Videos from the ICRA autonomous racing workshop are now available: https://linklab-uva.github.io/icra-autonomous-racing/
Thursday
DIY Robocars via Twitter
RT @SmallpixelCar: Prepared race track for Warm Spring Raceways @wsraceways and looking forward to test my new car at RAMS RC @ramsaicar fa…
Jun 6
DIY Robocars via Twitter
RT @f1tenth: Trying out some nasty blocking maneuvers 🏎️🤖 #f1tenth #autonomousracing https://t.co/nMTstsaogM
Jun 5
DIY Robocars via Twitter
May 27
DIY Robocars via Twitter
RT @araffin2: I will talk this Saturday from 18:00 to 19:00 Paris time for the @diyrobocars community about learning to race in hours using…
May 27
DIY Robocars via Twitter
RT @a1k0n: Luckily the infeasible hairpin problem was easily reproducible in simulation and I could test the fix before bringing the car ba…
May 26
DIY Robocars via Twitter
RT @a1k0n: Another problem was that I was over-constraining the car's allowed accelerations, so it didn't think it could turn as tight as i…
May 26
DIY Robocars via Twitter
RT @a1k0n: Breaking the map up into two halves worked, but I had to be more careful about separating the inner track from outer. There's se…
May 26
DIY Robocars via Twitter
RT @a1k0n: Here's a datalog for my fastest lap of the day. Lap timer is tiny window lower-left. https://t.co/myrlWWrKUY
May 26
DIY Robocars via Twitter
May 26
DIY Robocars via Twitter
RT @a1k0n: Here was my car's POV. Man this track is confusing in first-person! After the incident my camera was all scuffed up and I was af…
May 23
DIY Robocars via Twitter
RT @circuitlaunch: Loved seeing so many familiar (masked) faces at Circuit Launch today for our first in person @diyrobocars in over a year…
May 22
DIY Robocars via Twitter
RT @circuitlaunch: Last but not least, mystery guest @BostonDynamics Spot took to the track @diyrobocars He enjoyed the #brazilianbbq too 😂…
May 22
DIY Robocars via Twitter
RT @SmallpixelCar: Today’s race @circuitlaunch for @diyrobocars with @a1k0n Was busy in the morning and did not get a chance to tune camera…
May 22
DIY Robocars via Twitter
RT @a1k0n: This was epic. My car was barely working this morning, had to make a lot of changes and extremely dirty hacks. Post-race analysi…
May 22
DIY Robocars via Twitter
DIY Robocars @ Circuit Launch, 3/7/2020 https://twitch.tv/diyrobocars
May 22
More…