PX4+PX4IO Servo Output Problem

I just got new PX4 and PX4IO kit. I don't have PPM Sum reciver yet, so i wanna make some test on PX4 and i got strange problem.

1. I was updated PX4 +PX4IO firmwares with out any error.
  2. After power on APM Planner also successfully connected.
  3. While bootup servo head are centered it self.

However, ArduPilot wont operate servos. I switched stabilise and servos didnt respond movements.

Is there any settings to tell APM there is an IO board ?

Thanks

Aytek

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• hi aytek, i am not getting any output on servo header althougho everyhting is working fine. PX4IO board is giving output on UART5 and even airspeed sensor is working fine. i am using frsky receiver which gives 8 channel PPM output. the radio calibration bars are defelecting correctly on moving the radio sticks. there is no movement of servos. i am powering the PX4 usin ESC power on servo output header. any suggestion what might be wrong.

• You are right Gray,

PX4IO servo output is only 1A ( 2x500 ) I will use BEC to power servos and also I wanna monitor battery status. 

Do you have any suggestion ?

Thanks 

Aytek

• Interesting question Aytek.

On the PX4IO version it is absolutely necessary that PPM-Sum receiver is connected and Arming switch on IO board has armed PX4  before you can arm with throttle down and to right.

Basically, you cant arm the PX4FMU plus PX4IO system if a PPM-Sum receiver is not connected because you have to finish arming like is normal for APM by holding throttle all the way down and to the right.

Disarms by holding down and to the left too.

Clearly if you are not hooked up to your transmitter via a receiver, holding throttle down and to the right is probably not going to do much for you (sorry, couldn't help that).

I have determined that the 3DR 8 channel encoder will work with a conventional receiver (unfortunately, not on mine at the moment due to a bad power supply on my PX4IO board.)

But when I had it working via a separate power input to my receiver, it required not only to be armed with PX4IO arm button, but also by putting throttle down and to the right.

And of course, if it is not armed, no servos.

• How did you connect receiver output to PX4IO board?

This reply was deleted.

Activity