Quadcopter to GoPro Hero3 to 5.8 Ghz Tx/Rx system to Laptop?

I do biodiversity monitoring (including counting eggs and chicks of vulture and eagle nests). I am a novice quadcopter operator.

I have access to a DJI F450 with Naza-M V2.

I want to purchase the following:

• GoPro Hero3
  • GoPro Hero3 FPV to Transmitter 200mm cable
  • 5.8 Ghz Elgae 200mW FPV Wireless AV Tx/Rx set
  • Lipo battery for above transmitter of some wattage?
  • Brushless Gimbal Camera Mount w/ Motor & Controller for Gopro Hero

Now the catch...

I want to FPV the GoPro using the above equipment to my laptop. How could I go about that and do I have everything in place or considered everything?3691164131?profile=original

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thanks for the help.

• I suggest using an fpv monitor so you can fly safely, and use an easycap usb for recording to your laptop (assuming it's absolutely necessary for you to capture to a laptop + assuming you know and accept the poor recording resolution of these devices). Otherwise, use a fpv monitor with built in dvr recording, or make your own for half the proce as described here: http://dalybulge.blogspot.co.uk/

• you will need AV to usb for the laptop

I am using similar setup (different video tx/rx)

please note that the video quality is average and the latency of the image (delay between what camera records and what you see on the screen) is quite long

• What software do you use on the laptop?

I just need to be able to position myself above a bird nest with the camera facing correct angle, so I get some footage. I can always buy an FPV monitor later.

This reply was deleted.

Activity