Quanum Venture FPV Build

Quanum venture frame, APM 2.6 FC, NEO6M GPS, NTM Propdrive 2826 1200kv motors, 30a Afro esc's, 2650 4s Lipo, 5.8g video tx, front mounted cam, 12v ubec for fpv.

Maiden test flight up to 60% throttle and modest pitch angles. All flew and performed well despite APM being mounted slightly offset and no vibe damping. Subsequent flight at full chat revealed on high pitch angle with power on the quad swaps ends. Thanks for watching!!

https://youtu.be/RWmLYHxrKiM

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hello,
    I just ordered this drone with engine Sunnysky V2216-11 900KV, which supports the propeller 11 ", can you tell me the diameter of the arms as I can find more long?

• I wouldn't bother using anything bigger than 10's on a 900kv 2216 motor with this weight of model. 

• What type of screws does this thing use??
    In the manual it says TB3x8 and TM 2.5x6.
    I've tried a Torx 8 but it doesn't seem to fit the head.
  • A short update: finally got the drone itself, all looks good, I'm planning to start the assembly in the weekend, I'll receive the FPV received/monitor by then too, it's still in customs in Bucharest.

Any suggestions on where to place the telemetry module? 3DR thing, boxed, with asymmetrically placed antenna.

Can I place it in the aft, below the FPV antenna? It looks like there is a secondary hole there, in the lower hull.

• I'm looking at doing the same setup and this post has been extremely helpful. Looking forward to seeing the photos.

To add a twist, I intend to add Nimbelink's SkyWire LTE module onto the Arduino board so that I can perform telemetry and video streaming via LTE cellular data link...I'm not too sure if my plan will work but for now I am just wondering if I will have issues with space contraints adding a shield board and module to the Arduino board running APM?

I will also post and share as I progress...

Cheers!

This reply was deleted.

Activity