hello, my name is billp.
got this 3dr diy quad frame kit only, the price seemed right.
i have a question about the build notes for the main body.

the quad body plate assembly page is: (for reference)
http://3drobotics.com/diy-quad-kit/quad-body-plate-assembly/

my question is the following:
under step 1 of the above link, the instructions clearly say that the bottom plate should have the embedded nuts facing upwards, and the bottom smooth side facing downwards.
"The perfectly flat side of the plate (without the protruding nuts) should face down. Your kit includes two velcro strips to attach to the battery and the bottom of the copter. "

i would have thought that the side with the protruding nuts should face downwards, so that they do not get pulled out of the bottom plate due to a crash or minor accident.
if there is anyone with experience in assembling this quad frame, could you confirm that the build instructions for the bottom plate, is indeed correct ?
thanx in advance,

billp

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Hi Billp,

The nuts pressed into the base plate are used to mount the gimbal to the Quad. To prevent the nuts from pulling out from the plate in the event of a crash, the side of the base plate with the protruding nuts should face up, towards the center of the copter.

3701837811?profile=originalThese protruding nuts on the top side of the plate do restrict how far the arms can fold into travel configuration, so if you're not using a gimbal and a compact travel configuration is more important for you, you can orient the plate with the protruding nuts facing down.

Let me know if this helps!

Best,

-Alex

• thank you very much alex !!!

perfect answer,  explains the missing 'why' in the documentation.

take care !

billp

This reply was deleted.

Activity