We've got a couple 2.5 APMs in use they are pretty fun to use.   I tried one in a  delta wing today but during my ground check I found that after I power up the system and it's ready to fly about 20-30 seconds after that I no longer have manual control of the aircraft even though I'm in manual mode.  The aircraft surfaces move as if the autopilot is trying to move them but I have no input.  If I switch to Stabilize I instantly have control back and the Stabilize function seems to be working. 

Failsafes in the Ardupilot are disabled.  JR radio with spectrum receiver and if I remove the autopilot the RC equipment works fine and I'm not showing any receiver hits at the time I lose control. 

I tried a full reset at the CLI and reloaded and calibrated the system again but got the same results.  After 20-30 seconds surfaces don't respond.  They don't come back, switchting to Stabilize get's me control back, then I can return to manual mode. 

I'm puzzled hope you guys can help. 

Configuration info:  APM 2.5 all-in-one with external GPS Arduplane Firmware 2.68.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• i got the exact same problem.

i did not set any fail safe on the transmitter. And no failsafe setting too on APM.

Sounds like a rc failsafe , the APM had no RC signal and tried to return to home location, always make sure you tax is on
This reply was deleted.

Activity

Santiago Perez liked Santiago Perez's profile
6 hours ago
More…