Greetings,

I am using APM2.6 with a gliding aircraft. I want the plane to ascent making circles around a waypoint until it reaches some altitude.

I have found some useful information in this link: http://plane.ardupilot.com/wiki/common-planning-a-mission-with-waypoints-and-events/

In particular, in section 9 it reads:

Waypoint Option Bitmask – not yet available in the Mission Planner

bit 0Altitude is stored0: Absolute1: Relative
bit 1Change Alt between WP0: Gradually1: ASAP
bit 2
bit 3Req.to hit WP.alt to continue0: No1: Yes
bit 4Relative to Home0: No1: Yes
bit 5
bit 6
bit 7Move to next Command0: YES1: Loiter until commanded

So setting the third bit to true seems to fit with my purposes.

The big problem is... where do I have to set this bit? I want to specify it in a qgroundcontrol plan file, but a standard waypoint has the following format:

n_seq         current?        .....      WP_command  wait time     radius           orbit radius(loiter)  

0                1                 0               16               0               50                 0                   

yaw(copter)          lat                             lon                     altitude            continue?

0             37.4262360384338       -6.00360481185401        200                 1

Any ideas on setting the waypoint option parameters?

Thanks in advance,

David Alejo Teissière

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I've been asking for this feature for a while. I operate in steep terrain and I need to climb and descend in a loiter without sequencing to the next waypoint until a chosen altitude is achieved.
    It seems like the infrastructure exists already for this feature.
    • So have you found any working solution? 

• It seems that there is a feasible solution that has been published in the thread:

http://diydrones.com/forum/topics/flight-planner-question

The thing is to use the command 113: MAV_CONDITION_CHANGE_ALT, plus LOITER_UNLIMITED (17) and DO_JUMP(177)

mission command 9 - Waypoint (before loiter)

mission command 10 - Condition Change Alt

mission command 11 - Do Jump (to command 13)

mission command 12 - Loiter unlimited

mission command 13 - Waypoint (after loiter and altitude change)

See the thread for further information.

This reply was deleted.

Activity