real time export telemetry data from Mission Planner

Hi,

I need to be able to receive telemetry data (just GPS coordinates and a few others) in real time via Mission Planner and pass to another application I am currently working on,

does anyone have any tips as to how I would do this? Is it possible in Mission Planner? 

Would I have to write something to connect directly to the USB port and decode the mavlink stream?

Many Thanks,

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• i have the same question, thanks

• Developer
    divide by 1e7 to get the number in lla
    ie -68905466 / 1e7
  • I've tried opening the link, and when I saw this line on my PC:

{"time_usec":8363201000,"lat":-68905466,"lon":1076103660,"alt":772500,......

what do those numbers mean? Because when I tried to convert it as ECEF to LLA, it doesn't show correct location information...

Can I get the lla (lat, lon, and alt) raw data from mission planner? Like the one shown on the HUD user items  

Thanks.

Michael Oborne said:

depending on what you want

you could just use http gets

from this url

http://127.0.0.1:56781/mavlink/

when mp is running.

or you could use the microdrone output format, using control-f > microdrone.

which is a clear text format

real time export telemetry data from Mission Planner
    Hi,  I need to be able to receive telemetry data (just GPS coordinates and a few others) in real time via Mission Planner and pass to another applic…
  • Did you have resolved this problem? could you tele me your method?my email is:maxweiqiang@sina.com

thanks you very much.

• Hi,

Please let me know that are you able to extract GPS coordinates in real time via Mission Planner?

I am having the exact same requirement for my current Project

Thanks in advance

Vishu Gupta

• Hi, 

Unfortunately I could not find any solution for this issue. The MAVLINK format is very complicated and I think it is not easy for me to extract the GPS information from it, because I'm not a programmer.

But if I find a solution, I will share it with all of you.

Good Luck,

Fatima

• Not sure if anyone looks at this thread anymore.  But in case you're wondering.  The easiest way to get GPS data is through "control-f > NMEA" 

Here you can set up a serial connection to your own application, which you can pass the NMEA sentences to. NMEA protocol can be found online, well documented and it's easy. 

You will have to write code for serial port communication inside your application. Again, this is usually well documented code found online.

Then, you'll need to set up 2 virtual comports using a terminal emulator. (Free software found online)

Before you run your software, start Mission Planner. Do control-f > NMEA

Open one of the virtual comports you set up with the terminal emulator.

Launch your software and configure the serial port connection for your software. Or maybe you just hardcoded it instead.

Note, you should spawn another thread in your software if you are reading a constant stream of real time GPS data. Otherwise, you'll slow your program down.

If you want more than GPS, try the same process with the microdrones protocol. However, the GPS data in microdrones was garbage data last I tried using it was way off.

Also, I can't find the Uplink Microdrones protocol, just the downlink.  Let me know if any of you find the Uplink. 

Thanks. 

• Okay so I pass through all raw traffic and connect through a TCP connection with the attached code.  But what exactly does the data I'm receiving represent?  These strings are encrypted, correct?  How do I decrypt them and translate them into something that makes sense?  Specifically, all I want is current state information about the copter.  Such as, longitude and latitude, current flight mode, etc.  I've attached my basic windows code for receiving mavlink raw data from Mission Planner. Please Help. Thanks.

This reply was deleted.

Activity