RFD 900

How to connect the RFD 900 into the APM , just now i brought from the australia store but i dont know how to connect into the apm please sort me out anybody 

In apm Wiki i didnt get any thing about RFD 900 

Thanks for All 

Yuvi

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• please ca any body provide me the connection for the receiver of RFD900 with the proper image if anybody already done it in the past help me out

Thanks for all 

Yuvraj

• http://rfdesign.com.au/downloads/RFD900%20DataSheet.pdf

there is a photo of the connection in the manual at FAQ 

How do I connect the FTDI cable to the modem?)

• 3702671428?profile=original

• So does anyone have any idea about this USB connector I got with mine, it's not the same as all the others I read abou. Please can someone reply if they can help?

image.jpg

• Yeah no don't worry got some answers there's just a couple of different types of FTDI cables and I got one that was a lot different that ones I had seen but all coon still works just better quality from the RFD900 people. The Chinese knock offs too flimsy easily damaged. Get what you pay for.
        • do some marking , so that later on you will remember if u take it out again. Thats what i do.

• bro thanks for sharing the images but what about the receiver i didn't understood that in how to do connection in receiver of RFD900 because both looks same I don't recognize which one is transmitter and which one is receiver bro :(

• Bro, both are transmitter & receiver at the same time, so u can interchange it.

Only difference are the cable, one goes to usb ( for pc connection of mission planner ) and the other one to the apm.

I hope this helps.

• Thanks for you reply bro that you are saying to me That in APM Telemetry Modem connection like (Rx,Tx,+5v,Gnd) as per this we have to give the connections to Rx(APM) to Rx(RFD900) , Tx(APM) to Tx(RFD900) , +5v(APM) to +5v(RFD900) as well GND(APM) to Gnd(RFD900) is that right bro ? or any corrections in it uhhh ???  

• I don't have an RFD900 handy to verify but look at the attached images and at the FTDI cable manual.

There you can see that Tx is orange and Rx is yellow.

Looking at the RFD900 pinout here here and here you can see that Chris and Shafiq connect so that these are at position 4 (orange, Tx) and 5 (yellow, Rx) at the bottom row. Unless I 'm reading this upside down (I hope not), this corresponds to pins 7 (Rx) and 9 (Tx) of the RFD900. So, they connect cable 4 (orange, Tx) to RFD900 pin 7 (Rx) and cable 5 (yellow, Rx) to RFD900 pin 9 (Tx).

This reply was deleted.

Activity