RFD 900 Radio not connecting since mission planner update

Mission planner will no longer connect to my rfd 900 radio modems set on com port 4 at 57600.

In the config utility I click load settings and it communicates with the modems and the settings come up,but if i go to the flight data page and click connect all i get is a timeout with an error of no heart bet packets received. yet i have not changed anything .Can communicate with the modems through the 3dr radio exe from rfdesign website. ??? Any help would be great.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I have finally fixed the problem ,connected the APM up via usb and connected went into the Configuration menu and in the +Adv Parameter list,In the Command list is SERIAL3_BAUD its value was set to 9 changed this to 57 and wrote the params to the APM and now I can connect via the radios again,For some reason this changed when I upgraded mission planner ?

any way all is good now.   :)

• Anthony,

Mine RFD900 only run stable, when I disable ECC in setup. Firmware mine is exactly the same yours (1.5). I don't test with 3DR radio software, only with Mission Planner (since 1.2.20 ~ 1.2.26) .
    The Com port I use 4. Do you should choice any available port, anyway.

Any doubt, make contact with Seppo Saario (developer/manufacturer), is a very nice guy, and help me a lot.

Good luck!

• Admin

@Anthony,

What version of Windows are you using? My base 900MHz 3DR radio is on Com Port 18 and I am using 32 bit Vista on my laptop.

Regards,

TCIII

• some screen pics

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/3692563857?profile=original
This reply was deleted.

Activity