Roll is controlling pitch

Hi there :)

We have the latest version of mission planner, and the arducopter firmware loaded on our Hexa+ configuration.  Throttle seems to work just fine, and lifts evenly.  Pitch works just fine (forward and backward), but when trying to Roll (move left or right) it moves forward and backward respectively instead of moving left or right.  Wiring has been  triple checked for any wiring problems, and we did have this running a month or so ago with some older firmware so I suspect a firmware problem. 

Telemetry is showing that when roll is applied, it is moving in the correct direction on the radio configuration screen and all other controls are working as expected when looking at telemetry.  I should also note we are testing this on a bench with about 8" of tether.  The flight mode is Stabilize Simple. The board is APM1

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Alright everyone, seems like a factory reset fixed the problems.  For anyone who doesn't know how to do this, click on terminal, and get a CLI prompt.  Then type "setup" then then type "reset", and type Y for confirmation.  After waiting about 5 minutes I reloaded the latest firmware again, re-calibrated my radio, level, flight modes, configuration, and viola, everything seems to be bench testing perfectly.  Time to try the real flight =)

Thanks for the replies Chris

• The process for downgrading the firmware seems a bit scary, but I'm pretty sure it's a firmware problem, can anyone confirm a working hexa+ with 2.6 firmware?

This reply was deleted.

Activity