Rover with 360 deg camera 6' high with fpv

Hello there everyone, hope I'm posting this in the right spot..

A friend of mine has a business and he wants me to help him make a land vehicle (is rover the proper term?) that can carry a small camera that takes 360 degree photos and videos.

This vehicle would be navigated via FPV to take walk through videos. The reason why a person couldn't do it is because even if it was mounted on their head their body would still be in view.

The idea I have is to build a rover with a light weight pole extending straight upwards to hold the camera. 

I'd like to mount the camera to a gimbal but the gimbal would end up being in the view so I'm not sure exactly how to handle that problem as there will be a considerable amount of camera wobble at that level of extension if the rover runs over any bumps.

The vehicle wont have to move very fast and will be on fairly smooth surfaces for the most part although I would like to equip it with some larger wheels in case it might need them.

Really not too sure where to start so I thought I'd post on here to se if any of you might be able to give me any pointers.

Thanks in advance for any advice!!

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Would anyone happen to at least know a good place where I can purchase large wheels and drive train parts to build such a thing? I guess I'm also going to need the frame and what not as well.

Any help is much appreciated!

This reply was deleted.

Activity