Save enough?

Good Evening Gents,

just a little offending question: :)

Is the arducopter software and hardware already in a state to be built in a heavy gas chopper? In my case a Vario Benzin Trainer with 1800 mm span and 7 kg weight powered by a 23 ccm Zenoah.

I am not afraid about the settings in arducopter, as this ship is very stable without any electronic help besides the aft end.

In my mind just came up another one, this one for the developers:

Read the manuals of the wookong guys (hope I tipped enough ooooo´s) and they are precisly after the cg of the chopper. I can understand why they want to do that, wouldn´t it help the Ardupilot in any config (plane, heli, quad....) to be more precise by knowing why it recieves which forces?

many thanks- you are really doing a perfect job on the Ardupilot thing!! just installed the 2.5 stuff on a MPX Acromaster with full FPV and data link,--

and sorry for the slight offence at the beginning.

b.r.

Wolfgang

and a happy new year.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• This is a very interesting subject for me since I probably have to do the same in a near future. I will follow and post the experiencing aroud the Vario Benzin Trainer platform. My machine will be an enlarged Benzin Trainer with extended rotor blade, tail boom and the zenoah 26cc gasser engine. I would also test the optical flow and ultrasonic sensors if I don't have too much vibration issues.

JP

• Wolfgang, this is a really difficult question to answer.  I think that the system can fly the big helicopter, and it will probably work well.  It's just such a big and powerful, and expensive machine, I hesitate to recommend it.

Generally, the Arducopter flies well in a scale-like manner.  And it has been a long time since I have seen a critical software flaw cause a crash.  But that does not mean that it could not happen.

This reply was deleted.

Activity