Seeking 4-10Hz GPS module

I need the assistance of the collective, if you would.

I have just ordered the Ardupilot board and Screen, but the Store does not have the GPS modules available.

Outside the DIY Store, does anyone know where I can purchase a compatible GPS module (and code?) to literally get this project off the ground.

Thanks in advance.

Dave.

*edit

I have found this unit as Sparkfun.  Could someone kindly tell me if this will be compatible?
Is a USB/UART interface a standard design given the output pins of the module?
Don't you hate n00bs?
I do try to locate all the information I need, but having no experience, don't want to make a costly mistake.

65 Channel SUP500F 10Hz GPS Receiver with Smart Antenna

sku: GPS-09758

09758-01b_i_ma.jpg

Description: The SUP500F is a compact, all-in-one GPS module great for projects where fast and easy system integration is required. The receiver’s -161dBm tracking sensitivity allows continuous position coverage in nearly all application environments.

The SUP500F features various update rates up to 10Hz, and operates on an input voltage of 3.0-5.5VDC. The receiver comes in a rather small 22x22mm package, and all of the power and interface pins are through-hole (0.1" pitch), so it's very easy to physically connect to. The module outputs the standard NMEA-0183 sentences at a default rate of 9600bps.

Which GPS module is best for you? Check out our GPS buying guide!

Features:

• 65 Channel GPS L1 C/A Code
  • Perform 8 million time-frequency hypothesis testing per second
  • Open sky hot start 1 sec
  • Open sky cold start 29 sec
  • Signal detection better than -161dBm
  • Multipath detection and suppression
  • Accuracy 2.5m CEP
  • Maximum update rate 10Hz
  • Tracking current ~33mA

Dimensions:

• 0.87 x 0.87" (22 x 22mm)
  • Weight: 9g

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

This reply was deleted.

Activity