So i want to Create a unmanned Boat drone to do specific tasks i seen other users build similar working drones at very low cost....But as i don't know the programming  etc or got the time to invest am willing to pay to help build/develop my prototype if any serious builders please comment for us to discuss further in details ...Serious people only 

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

Are you still interested.  We swapped a few emails, but I haven't heard back from you.

• Hey bill accepted your request can email me triniprices@gmail.com snapdragon flight thats really adavance is that costly ?

Maybe you can start with a hull list this one: 

Carbon Fiber 980mm Boat Hull

513oFTxKITL._SL1024_.jpgI am also a Developer Advocate for Qualcomm Snapdragon Flight.  Qualcomm is putting a lot of effort into developing machine vision applications for robotics.  Snapdragon Flight runs both the PX4 and Ardupilot stacks.  I don't know if anyone has ever tried building a boat with it.

Here's what Snapdragon Flight can do.  It's a pretty advanced flight controller, but it can be difficult to work with.

Also - I'm from Fort Lauderdale, the Yachting capitol of the world.  Let's talk about this. 

Robot Check

Hi Marcus - 

I'm looking for a new drone project and have more than 30 years experience building and flying radio controlled aircraft.  I'm both a software developer and aircraft designer.  I've never built an RC Boat, but I can certainly assist you with any on board computing applications you may have.   I can set up a low cost thermal camera on the boat for example.  

I do have an interest in maritime drones, but primarily the type that fly.  These links might give you an idea of what I've already done.  

I'm working on a project now for ABC Nightline, which should be finished at the end of may.  You can reach me here or billrockus@gmail.com
    The drone I'm working on for nightline can take off and land on water but is not 100% water tight.  I've been using Pixhawk/APM since 2011.  
    Last year I appeared in 10 Episodes of the Science Channel Series Droned.  I was also a finalist in the DJI Developer Challenge.    
    There's an article about me coming out in Rotor Drone Magazine.  I also did a radio interview you can listen here:
    If I had a boat hull, I'm sure I could adapt to arduboat.  

• James Thesken said:

Sounds interesting! Email me at james@cadalystflight.com

Ok forwarded u an email

• Sounds interesting! Email me at james@cadalystflight.com

This reply was deleted.

Activity