sensors in the arms?

newbie question. (Do not know if anyone has shown this idea)Ignoring the problem of vibration, would be useful to have two accelerometers in both arms (x and y)? Would it help to detect more incipient movements?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• They might be useful if you used a pair of accello's, one "inside" of the motor and one "outside"? (assuming that the arm is long enough... and you somehow shielded it from the massive EMI coming from the motors)

• I wouldn't discount the idea. I had my IMU in a wingtip and the accelerometers worked. I bet as accels get lower in noise, you may start to get useful rotation data-- where one wingtip accelerates up and the other down. I think the idea is sound, but doing it this way may not be as good as using gyros-- YET.

• Developer

No. It will be worse.

The accelerometers needs to be protected from high frequency vibrations. placing them in the arms is a bad idea. They would catch more motor vibrations. More they will get wrong acceleration data, because of the accelerations produced by arms inclinations and rotation.

Their best place is certainely where they are actually, on the center plate, on a APM with dampers.

This reply was deleted.

Activity