Setup tips and questions (Trex 450)

Dear all,

I am planning to try out arducopter with a flybar Trex 450 to gain first experience with the hard- and software.

My setup thoughts so far:

- will use my 401 gyro with heading hold and plan to route the signal directly from RX to the gyro, not through ACM. Should be fine as long as I do not try flying to waypoints or RTL

- start with stabilize mode

- only have 2A BEC (Kontronic with governour) so I plan to install 2s lipo for powering the board.

When wiring up the hardware with my Trex yesterday and going through the setup process, I almost burned my servos. I was testing for quite a while with the board in "flight" mode, connected to mission planer. In flight mode the servos made all the time very little movements. I think coming from the noise of the gyros. 20 min with all this tiny movements and they became really really hot.

So to be very precise: When the board was just lying next to the heli without any movements, the servos did continuously small movements.

Is this normal or do I need to use the filters which can be enable on the board?

Any other comments on the setup?

Which PID values are the best to start? The ones coming with the firmware version from mission planer?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Servo damper with nylon screw mounting

3692282874?profile=original

• Simple way of mounting the ACM to a Trex 450:

- Mount the ACM with nylon screws and servo dampers to a pcb board
    - Drill small holes through the skids and place 2mm carbon through it
    - Glue 2mm servo rod tube to the pcb board
    - assemble all and fix the pcb board with shrinkage tubes, so that it can not move left or right

3692282909?profile=original

3692283003?profile=original

This reply was deleted.

Activity