Skyfun lost roll channel

Hello all,

Due to one thing or another it's been a while since I looked at my Skyfun based UAV. Today, I fired it up and installed the latest APM software (2.24) via Planner v1.0.79. The installation went great but I seem to have lost all roll control. I reset the board to factory, ran the radio config, but there is seemingly no roll available.

Looking at the bar readouts on the Radio Input screen, when I apply roll the bars do not move and neither do the elevons, but when I apply pitch the ROLL bar moves and I get PITCH action on the airframe. Have the channel assignments changed in the past few months...?

I haven't adjusted or modified the connection or the transmitter config at all.

Also, despite the DIP switches being enabled, moving them seemingly has zero effect.

This is all a bit bizarre. Ideas...???

Thanks,

Rup

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Here's the culprit. A wire has failed on the back of the right-hand gimbal in my Sanwa/Airtronics RDS8000 Tx. I'll put a general warning up on this elsewhere on the forum. Here's a photo with the offending wire highlighted.

RDS8000.jpg

• Problem found. My transmitter roll function has failed...! :(

• Could it be a failure in the APM board itself I wonder...? It hasn't been used in a few monts but it was fine when I put it away. I should have tested it before loading the new f/ware I guess...

• OK, so I just reinstalled the firmware (clicked the APM plane logo) and it installed OK. I then did a reset and went to calibrate the radio. Same deal. If I disconnect either ch1 or ch2 from the Rx, the a/c goes into (presumably) a failsafe / RTL mode.

I disabled the Delta mode on my Tx. When it's off, I get elevator control on the left hand elevon but nothing when I roll. With it re-enabled, I get elevator control across both elevons, but again no roll control. In the APM Radio Setup this elevator control is shown as a mix across both the roll and pitch channels. Moving the roll stick on my radio does nothing in terms of physical elevon response or movement of the on-screen bars. Clearly everyhting is working in a electrically connected sense, but there's a config issue somewhere.

If I disable the DIP switch setup it's not al all obvious where I configure for elevon model in the software.

Thanks,

Rup

Did you perform an erase/default the APM? If not, try that. Then go back through the setup.

This reply was deleted.

Activity