Slow telemetry --- Optimization of a common setup

Hi there guys.I have a setup which I imagine is quite common: Pixhawk running arducopter firmware; OrangeRx OpenLRS Rx (100mW) and Tx (1000mW) running standard OpenLRSng firmware, FTDI cable (3v3), Mission Planner on Win 8.1, 9xr flashed with OpenTx and modified appropriately.My problem relates to the speed of the Mavlink . I find that connecting Mission Planner via the telemetry link is taking ~10min and refresh of certain parameters is terribly slow.I have attempted the use of every baud rate combination with no success at increasing speeds. Flight testing with telemetry has not been attempted.Hopefully an expert can advise me further or answer these questions:Which serial settings have you found to be best? (Pixhawk telemetry baud, OpenLRSng data and serial baud, FTDI and Mission Planner baud rates).Is there better OpenLRS firmware out there? (E.g. Gitsly branch of OpenLRSng / UltimateLRS) ...... With Gitsly OpenLRSng I am unable to configure with Chrome Configurator ---- How does one use CLI to modify settings with the Gitsly branch?I have been trawling forums for days --- massive amounts of info out there but little that yields success. Please do help - I am certain this is a common problem.Thanks with much anticipation :)

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

  • Have you found a solution to the problem? I was using Ultimate LRS beta but it wasn't working that well for me.

This reply was deleted.

Activity

DIY Robocars via Twitter
RT @DanielChiaJH: Great racing against @a1k0n today at @diyrobocars! Pretty cool to both break sun-9s at the track today I think I got very…
10 hours ago
DIY Robocars via Twitter
Broadcasting the @circuitlaunch race live now at https://m.twitch.tv/diyrobocars Races begin around 2:00pm PT
15 hours ago
DIY Robocars via Twitter
RT @a1k0n: ran a huge number of hyperparameter tuning experiments yesterday; now I can train a new policy, far with better quality, in 15 m…
15 hours ago
DIY Robocars via Twitter
RT @a1k0n: Did I get rid of hand-tuned parameters? Yes. Am I still hand-tuning more parameters? Also yes. I have a few knobs to address the…
Monday
DIY Robocars via Twitter
RT @a1k0n: I'm not going to spoil it, but (after charging the battery) this works way better than it has any right to. The car is now faste…
Monday
DIY Robocars via Twitter
RT @a1k0n: Decided to just see what happens if I run the sim-trained neural net on the car, with some safety rails around max throttle slew…
Monday
DIY Robocars via Twitter
Sep 24
DIY Robocars via Twitter
RT @SmallpixelCar: @a1k0n @diyrobocars I learned from this. This is my speed profile. Looks like I am too conservative on the right side of…
Sep 24
DIY Robocars via Twitter
RT @a1k0n: @SmallpixelCar @diyrobocars Dot color is speed; brighter is faster. Yeah, it has less room to explore in the tighter part, and t…
Sep 24
DIY Robocars via Twitter
RT @a1k0n: I'm gonna try to do proper offline reinforcement learning for @diyrobocars and throw away all my manual parameter tuning for the…
Sep 23
DIY Robocars via Twitter
RT @circuitlaunch: DIY Robocars & Brazilian BBQ - Sat 10/1. Our track combines hairpin curves with an intersection for max danger. Take tha…
Sep 22
DIY Robocars via Twitter
RT @SmallpixelCar: Had an great test today on @RAMS_RC_Club track. However the car starts to drift at 40mph. Some experts recommended to ch…
Sep 11
DIY Robocars via Twitter
RT @gclue_akira: 世界最速 チームtamiyaのaiカー https://t.co/1Qq2zOeftG
Sep 10
DIY Robocars via Twitter
RT @DanielChiaJH: Always a good time working on my @diyrobocars car at @circuitlaunch. Still got some work to do if I’m to beat @a1k0n howe…
Sep 10
DIY Robocars via Twitter
RT @SmallpixelCar: My new speed profile for @RAMS_RC_Club track https://t.co/RtLb7TcgIJ
Sep 10
DIY Robocars via Twitter
RT @SmallpixelCar: Practiced at @RAMS_RC_Club today with my new @ARRMARC car https://t.co/AEu2hCx89T
Aug 28
More…