sonar stops working after 20m

I have a really strange problem. My mb1200 sonar quits working after about 20min. And then will not work for about 1hour. After that is will work again ok and quit after 20min again. Any ideas anyone?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• We seem to have some issues with sonar (lv-ez4) not working properly in cold enviroment (below 10C). Once I took our quad outside, sonar would just report 0 or 20cm, and would start working again after few minutes once it was brought inside.

It was really moist outside when I performed these test, so moisture and cold might be some factor with sonars.

I still need to perform some more tests to confirm that its actually the cold thats causing the actual sonar to not work, but its my primary suspect currently.

Could your issue be possibly something similiar?

• Distributor

Hello Ruben,

I don't have an answer to the question right now, however I can make contact with the
    guys that make the sonar's on Monday to ask the question, as I have not run one
    for 20 min's, typical flight time has been 10 min's.

I can't think why there would be a "duty cycle" but sure sounds like there is
    something like that if it’s doing it every 20 min's and resetting at the same time after.

I have read the data sheets on a few of the range; none have any "duty cycle"notes.

Please let me know if you have any other information to add.

Regards

Martin

www.buildyourowndrone.co.uk

This reply was deleted.

Activity