This is the thread where I document my attempts for this round of T3. Gary mentioned that documentation would be important, so I decided to make this thread to document my entire process. My goal is that anyone who reads through this, once it is finished, will be able to duplicate my process exactly. I will disclose everything I do, no "secrets".
So here's my first bit of progress:
I've been having trouble with my Deans plugs, so I decided to make an XT60 adapter for my octo. The problem with the deans was that, in the past, sometimes one or two of the batteries would disconnect, leaving the others to power the copter. This resulted in one close call and one crash, so I'm replacing the deans and switching to XT60. And yes, I'm aware of the current limitation on XT60's. I am well within it.