Sunnyskys

Has anyone used any of the sunny sky motors and would you recommend them

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• What would u recommend for a fpv 250mn
    And what is the real difference in (example ) 2300kn or a 980kv like the 9212 sunnysky. I'm trying to learn as much as possible so when I am able to build I can have a good platform . thank you for the help
    • The Kv ratings are basically how fast the motor spins relative to the voltage applied.  Google "multirotor motor kv" and you should get some good hits explaining the concept.

Generally higher Kv are used with smaller blades and lower Kv are used with larger blades.  2300kv are more appropriate for blades around 4-6 inches, where 980kv are for blades more around 9-11 inches.  A 250mm class multi-copter will be in the 4-6 inch blade zone.

The larger the blade the more lift you get, but also the more current is drawn because larger motors with more windings are required to spin the blade.  Smaller blades lift less but are more responsive and can be better for acrobatics.

There is an optimal blade size and pitch for a motor and a good motor will come with a chart and graph showing the performance of specific size blades at different motor loads.  A blade which is too large for the motor will cause the motor to overheat and waste energy resulting in shorter flight times.

For FPV racing a QAV250 is really excellent with the CC3d controller, 5x3 blades, 1806 2300kv motors, and a 3C 1300mah battery.  I am flying that as an FPV currently and it is quite hardy and survives crashes well.  There are tons of 250 class frames out there and I suspect most of them will work just fine.

When putting everything together you need enough lift to get good control and speed with the appropriate blade/motor/battery combination for your air frame.

• I have a few multi-copters running with Sunny Sky motors and they work great.  Got some from www.buddyrc.com and others from www.simplecopter.com.  Hardy little workers.

I have a v-tail quad running X2212-13 KV980 II SunnySky motors which has been crashed dozens of times (pilot error), and I just brush off the motors and keep going.

BUDDY RC
    Great product, low price, excellent service!
This reply was deleted.

Activity