Tarot 2d Gimbal Solid Green light on and Inoperative

I set up a new Tarot 2D gimbal. Plugged in a transmitter battery: 11.1v 8c 2200 mAh li-pol

Unplugged, went through all firmware updates successfully. Plugged in and calibrated the gimbal, unplugged the gimbal. The gimbal is in-op and has only the blinking blue led and a solid green led. Both I understand indicate a successful connection (blue led) AND an over current condition (green led). 

Is the battery mAh too high? I have power across the fuse, so good there. 

Thanks for any remarks!

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• UPDATE:

No trouble tree for this problem located anywhere in the world!

After doing the basic checks: motor winding, circuit board magnifying glass inspection and trying different power supplies under 12v. I determined the board was bad. The supplier (an Amazon partner) quickly exchanged it for me after paying an additional $16 for return shipping :( Good service I thought though :).

2 weeks later:

Assembled the replacement, installed it on the quad with a GoPro 3+, plugged it into a 11.1v LiPo, it initialized and leveled itself right out of the box. So it is ready to go from the factory, who would of thought. Updated the firmware and it works perfect! A good gimbal for the money and i would definitely  recommend it to others. Most importantly though I would suggest that you buy it from a local reputable supplier with a good customer service history. Simply because you have a 50% chance of success/failure on the first round. 

NOTE:

DO yourself a big favor read, watch videos, assemble and update the Tarot 2d gimbal exactly as others have done. The learning curve is too great otherwise and there literally are no instructions.  

This reply was deleted.

Activity