Tarot 2d, Spektrum AR6001e receiver, DX6i

Hi folks,

I am from Austria and i just recently got a Blade 350QX V1 from my brother (as he never used it)! Anyway - i ordered a Tarot 2d gimbal, set everything up and also wanted to set up the tilt control with my DX6i (i know it's only partially available as there is no knob to rotate). 

I am a bit desperate now, as I am trying to power my receiver through the Tarot 2d gimbal. I can't figure out how to make the connections so it would work! To power the gimbal I am using a 3s, 11.1 V 450 mAh Lipo battery.

Do i have to connect the receiver to the DSM2 port on the gimbal to power it up? 

The next step would be to bind the AR6100e with my DX6i. But it is already bonded with the Blade 350QX - so how would that work?

Thanks in advance for your help!

IMG_4768.JPG

IMG_4770.JPG

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• The reason why I don't want to bother to power the gimbal from a separate battery it is because an extra battery puts more weight on the multirotor, and this means it has to push harder to lift it up, therefore less time; so either way... you get less flight time... plus that, when you have extra battery, then you have to remember to check the voltage, and charge that one also...

I don't know how the Blade 350 is made, so you will have to research where the output of the receiver directly to the Tarot. For me... I am using the Turnigy 9x, and the receiver has 8 output, 4 of them are used for Trottle, and direction, and the other 4 are extra for whatever you need... I use one for arming (because I don't like to arm it with the sticks), another for enabling GPS, another for flight mode (acro, altitude, level), and finally, the last one at this moment I am not using it, but it is connected to one of the rorary knobs (one of the 3 potentiometers on the transmitter), and the receiver output for that I want to connect to the Tarot tilt control.

As for additional receiver: I don't think that would work... that means that you also need an additional transmitter? so that's not a good idea... if the Blade 350 does not provide any extra outputs, then it's probably best to replace the transmitter/receiver to something with more channels (like the Turnigy 9x for example)

By the way... if you want to use separate battery for Tarot, then make sure the negative on both batteries are connected, so put a wire that connects negative from one battery to the negative on the other battery. This way when you want to wire the tilt control, you only need one wire from the Tarot to the Receiver.

• Hi Michael,

how would you connect the flight battery with the gimbal in my case:

I use a "LiPo Pack modelleXXpert WHITE LINE 30C++ 2200 mAh 3S 11,1 V / EC3 + XHP" and the BEC at the gimbal.. Is there a connector cable from XHP to BEC? Do i have to use a regulator?

Bildschirmfoto 2014-09-02 um 10.07.29.png

• I am using a DJI F550 with a 4S battery. On the bottom plate I have soldered wires with XT60 connector for the battery, and the ESC wires are also soldered to the bottom plate. I have the 12V BEC soldered to one of the ESC wires, and the output from the BEC goes to the gimbal.

I am using a 12V BEC because I use a 4S battery, and when the battery is charged it goes up to 16.8 Volts, this is why I need a step-down BEC to 12V, but in your case, you are using a 3S battery, and the gimbal can be connected directly to the battery output without a 12V BEC. Also, note that a BEC does not step-up the voltage, so you can't use a 12V BEC on your setup.

• Yeah - i agree with you Michael - either way the flight time will go down! I will conduct some testing once i got everything setup correctly and see if there is a difference in performance with different setups. Another factor for me though was that it would put a bit of extra weight on the back side of the quad and therefore compensates for the forward CG position.

I understand - That makes sense to me! So in my case i would have to replace the receiver already built in, make all the connections and use an extra channel for the tilt control! I was wondering too how and even if it would work to setup two receivers on one transmitter! I guess if i want to use the tilt control properly i will have to get a new transmitter anyway! 

This reply was deleted.

Activity