Tarot Install Help

Sorry if this a bit amateur, but I own a DJI Phantom and bought a Tarot gimbal for better video. I bought the gimbal off Amazon and the package came with essentially no instructions on how to hook it up to the Phantom or any recommendations on a transmitter that will allow me to control the pitch and roll. I swear I've searched every single youtube video about this and they all assume a level of knowledge that I don't have. Any help would be really appreciated. Totally stuck.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Futaba 7C and ER9X, but that's not really that important. I have mine set up to respond to pitch only, as roll is just keeping the horizon straight. I also configure the gimbal in the GUI to read the PWM signal as an angle. The other mode is a rate mode that allows you to control the speed of rotation, but it's really hard to find the middle during flight, so it will keep rotating that way.

• There's a link to the manual at this page:

http://www.helipal.com/tarot-t-2d-brushless-gimbal-for-gopro-hero-3...

I agree, it's a bit of a fiddle and the manual could be better, but you'll figure it out if you pay attention to where the correct sockets are.

Tarot T-2D Brushless Gimbal for GoPro (2-Axis)
    For hobby and professional use, gives you perfectly leveled video footage at all time - Tarot GoPro Gimbal This is a piece of high end camera eq…
    • Thanks! What transmitter do you use?

This reply was deleted.

Activity