Telemetry radio connection

I need step by step instructions on connecting 3dr telemetry. I had the right configuration working for laptop but reset to default last night (trying to connect event38 bluetooth bridge) and now I can't get the telemetry radios to pair. Blinking green on laptop connected and radio on iris. I have tried to go through the steps here:http://copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/common-using-the-3dr-radio-for-telemetry-with-apm-and-px4/#Configure_3DR_air_radioBut I think I am not understanding something about configuring the remote( onboard the iris right?) radio to make the initial connection. I have tried the "copy required items to remote" and manually entering(mp doesnt allow any of the fields to be edited beyond the ones that are copied over).I am running mp 1.3.5 build 1.1.5260.33055 - which i just updated right before the reset to defaults. So maybe this adds complexity to the problem.Any help or suggestions or resources would be greatly appreciated.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• If you don't have stable radio link (both green LED solid), you can set nothing on "air" side from ground.

You have to download "ground" modem settings, then to "connect" air modem to PC via FTDI and configure it with EXACTLY SAME settings.

• Ok bear with me. Because I am a fairly new iris owner and everything pretty much worked out of the box, I haven't connected directiy to the vehicle. So, I use the usb connection on the vehicle and I should be able to access the onboard radio for configuration - right ?
      • No

Look for my previous answers for other users, I've answered for such asked questions so many time...

You must connect air modem directly to PC via FTDI interface.

This reply was deleted.

Activity