Tell me what pains you about drones/UAVs. (VENT AT ME)

I've been fascinated by drones for quite some time, but have recently had the opportunity to join a university engineering team and we're looking to develop some sort of drone component. We've had a few great ideas so far, but we want to do some more research by asking actual thought leaders and seasoned hobbyists. 

I want to hear what really pains you about drones. What would make your life easier? How can we build something to fix your problems? Also, I'm very open to having a Skype call!

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thanks for your response Gary.

Judging by your profile information, you have a huge amount of experience to share. Would you be interested in doing a short call with my team at some point? We would love to hear some more!

Thanks,

- Rob

The rush to make simple things complex and the use of the phrase, "worlds first". The phrase for 2015 will I suspect be a fool and his money are easily parted. ;-)

• It is going to be an interesting year indeed Gary and I am sure you are in no small part right, although I'm not sure that wasn't true this year as well. :-)

• I'll start: radios architecture that hasn't changed for 20 years. Radios are too big (physically), and having to hack a 3 flap/gear switches into a mode channel seems a little silly.
    • Have you looked at radios that use OpenTx e.g. Taranis X9D, Turnigy X9R, etc?

This reply was deleted.

Activity