Temperature sensor support on APM

Does the APM code include a possibility to add additional temperature sensors to the system? It would be nice to have live temp readings from ESC, motor, battery and so on.

Perhaps LM35 sensor could be used:

3690986581?profile=original

The LM35 is a precision temperature sensor, whose output voltage is linearly proportional to the temperature in degrees Celsius. The LM35 thus has an advantage over linear temperature sensors calibrated in ° Kelvin, as the user is not required to subtract a large constant voltage from its output to obtain convenient Centigrade scaling. The LM35 does not require any external calibration or trimming to provide typical accuracies of ±0.25°C at room temperature. The LM35 is rated to operate over a −55° to +150°C temperature range.

Specifications

• Calibrated directly in ° Celsius (Centigrade)
  • Linear + 10.0 mV/°C scale factor
  • 0.5°C accuracy guaranteeable (at +25°C)
  • Rated for full −55° to +150°C range
  • Suitable for remote applications
  • Operates from 4 to 30 volts
  • Less than 60 μA current drain
  • Nonlinearity only ±0.25°C typical
  • Low impedance output, 0.1 W for 1 mA load

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Any headway with the temperature monitoring?  I'm starting to fly in below 0°C.  I'm keeping the batteries in a thermostatically controlled case until flight and wrapped in insulation.  But it would be nice to know if the pack temp are below optimal. 

• After endless google research I found something interesting here: Fuel Level Sensor Integration. The idea was to use the Sonar_PIN to log voltages, like the LM35 provides. At least for arduplane this works fine, as plane fork is not making use of sonar by now, only for logging. If you would use it on copter it may be causing crashes, so be careful :)

• Did you found a way to enable temperature logging with the APM? Highly interested into this cheap and useful extra feature :)
This reply was deleted.

Activity