The quad drifted to some direction when took off

I made the quad with tarrot frame and pixhawk. Pixhawk was bought from 3DR. Hobbywing ESC and Sunnysky motor.

Calibration seems ok on Mission Planner.

But when I just only  pulled the throttle and kept other stick untouched , the quad could not hold on its altitude and always drifted to some direction when took off.

What problem may cause it?

I guess the most probability is on the acceleration calibration. But I did it a lot of times...

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• What mode were you flying in?  AltHold, Stabilize, Loiter, etc?

Do you have a GPS?  If so, how many sats were locked in?  HDOP value?  

Need a little more info about your attempted flight.

• Stabilize. I do have  a GPS, but I fly it indoors. So the quad should level itself by the gyro sensor, I guess...

• There is a big difference between being "level" and a quad holding position.  I've never seen a quad hold position in stabilize mode....they will always drift to some degree or another.

So...how is your center of gravity?  Have you checked it.  How is the balance front to back and left to right?  A little bit of weight off center, such as from the battery, can cause it to drift.  

• As you say it will always drift to some degree, how can it hold a position indoors without  a GPS?

I saw such video online that somebody could fly it sturdy indoors. 

Gravity is hard to say. How can I find the gravity in a quad?

• It won't hold position without a good GPS fix.  That is why I was asking....you indicated it was drifting but if you aren't using GPS, it will drift.  Doesn't matter if it is indoors or outdoors.

Remove the props and get 2 pieces of string.  Attach one piece diagonally between the motor shafts and the other piece between the other motor shafts.  Where they cross is the center of your craft.  If you were to set that exact spot on a small balance point, it should balance side to side and front to back.  Of course, that would be pretty hard to get it to do that but you should still have good balance.  Knowing that point, you can located your components (receiver, FC board, battery, etc) such that your balance is as close to perfect as you can get it.  

• Ok, I'll try it. Thank you very much.

This reply was deleted.

Activity