Hi Guys I'm hoping someone can shed some light on a problem I'm having with my ArduPlane project.I'm using the latest firmware on Pixhawk on a test plane of mine, and she's flying beautifully on auto, however when flying into a slightly stronger wind, the throttle is cut way down, and she eventually stalls and I have to take over.I'm using the 3dr airspeed sensor which seems to be working well. What I suspect is happening is that the airspeed sensor is measuring an airspeed of say 30m/s and the autopilot tries to reduce this to the 20m/s which was set for the mission and therefore reduces the throttle.I've had a look through the parameters and stall prevention is enabled. Also had a look at min throttle values. Is there a way to correlate the GS and the AS and avoid this throttle down situation, or maybe I'm missing something important ?If I can help in any way just let me know.ThanksNick

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I'll try anything at this point!
  • Hi Chad, I eventually re-calibtared everything including my RCTransmitter, and things improved a lot. 

I'm guessing it had something to do with the RC channels.

• Did you ever figure this out? I've lost 6 birds due to airspeed jumping 20mph higher for no reason.
  • Thanks David, will check it out.
  • 100KM

Nicholas,

There is a good section in the ArduPlane manual on tuning the TECS speed controller.

http://ardupilot.org/plane/docs/tecs-total-energy-control-system-fo...

I changed motors on a plane recently and the lower KV motor resulted in very poor speed control.    Going through the TECS tuning fixed things right up.

TECS (Total Energy Control System) for Speed and Height Tuning Guide — Plane documentation
This reply was deleted.

Activity