Yesterday I flew my Tricopter successfully in Loiter and RTL mode, and the thing put a smile on my face until I decided to fly FPV and power on the Video TX on the Tricopter, it flew for a minute in stable mode then suddenly simply hovering all the motor stopped and crash, nothing serious couple of arms broke and one prop is gone.
I am trying to troubleshoot the problem in order not to repeat it again and I would appreciate the help.
- I am running a separate 5V/5A BEC/850mAh Lipo for the ACM 1280, RX and tail servo (Hitec HS-65MG), the BEC output is connected to IN8 pin (ACM RX side pins), not like in the manual where I should connect it to the (ACM OUT side pins).
- The motors/ESCs are running on separate battery 2200mAh.
- The FPV Video TX is 1.3Ghz 800mW (12V) almost 30cm away from the Rx and ACM and it takes its power directly from the 850mAh battery balance port.
- The camera is a GoPro and it is running from its built-in Battery.
The crash (All the motor stopped) after almost two minutes after I plugged in the Video TX.
Now can this be the problem:
- When connecting the 800mW Video TX to the 850mAh battery this caused for the voltage from the BEC to drop down after two minutes and caused the ACM to brownout? (Solution put a third battery only for the Video TX).
- Or May be the 1.3Ghz caused a noise interference that affected either the 2.4Ghz RX or even the ACM? (Solution put a low pass filter on the TX antenna to filter all the higher frequencies above 1.4Ghz).
- Or is there another reason that caused the motors to stop in mid air.
I really appreciate all the help to troubleshoot this problem.