Trying to use a CH 568 CombatStick

I'm trying to get APM Planner to work with this joystick-

http://www.chproducts.com/retail/j_combat.html

The CH Combatstick label appears in the drop-down list but I am unable to find any axis/input that causes the position indicators to move.  They come up in non-zero positions but are stuck.

Has anyone worked with this device and am I missing something here?

Thanks.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Bravo!

Version .82 has resolved the joystick issue.  My a/c is now responding fully and correctly to the CH CombatStick inputs.

Now, just FYI, the CH Rudder Pedals are a separate USB device.  You might consider a dropbox for each control that allows both the device and the axis to be selected for each function.  And, would you please make the main window "top" and Left" values persistent?  I use a multimonitor control station and Mission Planner always opens up in the center.

Thanks for taking the time to find and fix this.

Andy

• Here's a screen shop of the log file generated while enabling the joystick.  I connected, waited for params to load then enabled the joystick.  At that point I disconnected to slow the data flow.  I hope this tells you something more about this problem.

Planner System Log.JPG

https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/3692284958?profile=original
  • OK, I'll give that a try.  I looked at the data the other day and did not see anything that looked like an error message.

• Michael,

I've done some more testing and found something repeatable, at least here.

I can start MP, configure and use the joystick.  The problem comes when I plug in my APM board.  Notice the "plug in".  I'm testing this on the bench and am interfacing through the USB serial port, not the telemetry port.  MP is losing its association with the joystick when the USB port is plugged in to the APM boards.  I am guessing that your testbed runs through the telemetry port.  I also tested this by running MP by itself, then plugging an XBee in using its USB interface.  No problem there either.  So (at least here) it looks like something changes inside MP when an APM is connected using the USB port.

It's getting late here so I'll do the telemetry port test tomorrow morning and will post the results then.

Thanks.

• Developer

only if it shows up in the joystick list.

• Developer

does windows detect it and install drivers?

This reply was deleted.

Activity