A couple days ago I replaces two arms, one attached to motor 2 and the other to motor 4. Now when I lift off the ground in GPS mode it slowly turns (as if I'm applying rudder) clockwise. If I push the rudder left about 20% to compensate and hold it there it stops rotating. All other functions are normal, Aileron, Elevator, work normally. GPS hold works as well, as long as I keep the rudder pushed left a bit. I re-calibrated the GPS, this did not help. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Peter

Current Build

TurboAce X830-D, Devo10TX, RX1002, DJI NAZA-M, GPS, Telemetry,35A ESC,BL Motors, (2x) 5300mAh+TX Batt, B601, 12” props., (FPV -  Immersion 600MW 5.8 Ghz AV TX, Immersion 600MW 5.8 Ghz AV RX, 5.8 GHZ SpiroNET Omni Antennas, Fatshark Dominator Goggles, FPV camera 600TVL Sony Super HAD CCD)

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Why are you asking questions about Naza-M in an Arducopter forum?

In general, the problem is likely because your props are not perfectly aligned for some reason, not perfectly vertical.  This can often be worked around by increasing your Yaw Rate I and Imax, but I don't know if you can even do that with a Naza.

• Why did you replace the arms/motors?

If it was because of a 'prang', then start by triple checking the new stuff is square. Then have you recalibrated the IMU?. The rotational control is nothing to do with the GPS. It is compass, and IMU. Does it rotate in Atti?. If it does, then recalibrate the IMU. If it doesn't, then do the compass dance calibration.

Best Wishes

• I am pretty new to uav's, so if am wrong , then I learn something new! Would a 3 axis gyro correct your problem?
  •  

WIth my cinestar 8, I turned the yaw gain down to basically nothing.(pid)

Then I did test hops with the machine.  Observe which way the copter yaws,  You can tilt the motors at 3 and 6 oclock to counter the induced yaw you observed. Sounds like your is yawing pretty badly, so You can probally tilt the motors with out messing with the yaw gain.  But once you get it close,  I would suggest going through the above steps.  Takes a huge load off the  FC when you get it perfectly balanced . 

I will have to look when I get home, but there is a brillant write up on Ezonemag.com about this issue and he describes the difference in tilting the motors and 12, and 6 oclock. vs 3 and 6 oclock..If I remember right you get better flight time with the 3 and 6 oclock motors tilted.  I will get back to with a link.

This reply was deleted.

Activity