Turnagy talon V2 carbon quad frame $55

Extended 320mm booms $16

Power distribution board $3.75

Afro 30amp ESCs (4) $55.88

Turnigy 4108-480kv Multistar 22 pole motors (4) 125.44

16x5 carbon props (4) 34.08

Total was $290.15

$150 for everything. Its all brand new. I'm in the Chicago area but will ship on your dime.

I was building this for a hover competition me and my friends have been doing for some time now. I just can't afford to finish it.

00C0C_hWGBxUmn8hx_600x450.jpg

00i0i_5eMEipYm40l_600x450.jpg

01616_kFBW9vWh3YB_600x450.jpg

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I have a DJI Phantom v.1.1.1 and have been looking for a frame to put the Naza v2 flight controller into... I am new to the quadcopter world, but do you think there would be issues with that?

Also, what batteries would you recommend run this quad?

How much flight time do you think it would net?

I've never seen the Turnagy Talon frame in person, is there space to mount FPV camera and possibly down the road, a GoPro and gimbal?

Thanks bud

• Yep, I'll send those over this evening.
      • Thanks very much... I've gotta head to work at the moment but should be back around 8pm eastern time. I'll private message you my email address (if I can figure out how to do that)...

EDIT: Screw it, I can't figure it out... Email address is cjlindley"AT"gmail"DOT"com

Thanks man

• I was going to put a 4000ma battery on it which should give you around a half hour flight without payload. There is very little room on it for FPV gear however the arms are very sturdy and could easily take the weight. The issue is more that the actual frame is pretty small. Def not impossible. The Naza will work great on this. I set this up to get very high flight times but the trade off is it will be a lot slower and lethargic. As long as your not trying to race this could be a very stable platform. Sorry it took so long to get back to you. :)

• Thanks for the reply Jeff. Would you mind taking some larger photos and emailing them to me? Possibly some of your wiring, some of the motors and propellers, any "blank space" on the frame (that would hold the batteries, flight controller, etc)... I just want to make sure that if I go with it it will meet all of my requirements... I'm not into fast and crazy flying, mainly looking for a very stable platform to mount a GoPro on that will allow extended flight time, reliable operation (I've had to replace the bearings in my Phantom after only 20 flights because the motors were making TERRIBLE noises)...

With regards to the battery, I have two ZippyCompact (2200mah, 3s, 11.1v) batteries that I was thinking might work with a "Y-cable"... Also, as I am not terribly familiar with the frame(or any home built quad) could you measure the size of everything?

One of the MAJOR hurdles I'd have to jump is if it is too big, I have no idea where I'll store it. And my girlfriend already gets annoyed with the Phantom :-/...

• Open to offers

This reply was deleted.

Activity