Wiki Ninja

Hi,
Any ideas how I managed to plan a mission with 5 WP & 1 RTL commands which resulted in my hex ending back above home at 250m?

Switched from Stab to Auto when hex was at 10m elevation.

See screen print of APMLogVisualizer graph & MP Flight Plan.

After mission I switched to Stab for a minute, then RTL (which worked ok) but once UAV was over head I switched to Loiter. This resulted in UAV quickly gaining elevation.
Any ideas what's causing this.
see screen print of tlog graph.

Using JR XG8 DMSS TX & RX, APM 2.5, 3DR air/ground radio, latest firmware & MP

07-Nov-12 3-48-50 PM.png

06-Nov-12 7-38-25 PM.png

2012-11-07 08-49-50 SC12 tree.tlog

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Stephen,

Did you have "Absolute Alt" checkbox checked in flight planner? I can't see the box in the second picture? 

If you were using relative altitude to your home location, then your target altitude was around 944m above your home. That would explain why your hex want to climb near 1000m. But if you were using absolute altitude i'm not sure why this  happened.

You can verify your mission altitude profile by clicking mouse right button above map and select from list-->"map tool" -->"Elevation Graph". I always check that way how MP is trying to handle my routes...

Regards Jani

• Wiki Ninja

bump

• Wiki Ninja

Here's a screen print of .tlog at start of mission/Auto mode. I think this shows the TargetAlt param  instructs UAV to get to 1000m.

07-Nov-12 7-55-51 PM.png

• Wiki Ninja

Here's the .log text file

2012-11-07 10-16 2nd mission SC12.log

This reply was deleted.

Activity