UBlox5 v.s. Mediatek MT3329

Hello,

Getting ready to finalize my intial GPS purchase at DIYSTORE. Found data sheet, custom binary protocol reference, and MTK commands manual for Mediatek MT3329. No similar information regarding UBlox5.

Does this mean DIYDRONES project leans toward the Mediatek GPS? 

Which of these units would you buy as your first?

Thanks,

Ron

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I am trying to decide between the Ublox and the MediaTek for my ArduPilot Mega project.  I have seen posts where the MediatTek has lost satellite lock in high bank situations.  I also noticed that the MediaTek appears to
    be 10hz while the Ublox is only 4hz.  The MediaTek3329 is only $38 while the uBlox5 is $86.  From those of you who have flown both with the ArduPilot, which GPS would you buy and why?

BTW.  I love this site and can’t wait to get started.  Thanks for making available the hardware and information to actually build our own UAV.

• Developer
    Ublox costs twice as much, but can give better results, but if I were starting over now I would go with MediaTek, I have several GPS units uBlox is the best over all.
  • 3D Robotics
    They're both very good, but we've been using the MediaTek more of late because it's smaller and very robust.
This reply was deleted.

Activity