I originally posted this in the Quadcopters section, but now I realize this section might be more appropriate. Mods/admins, apologies if double posting is a no-no.
I've been trying to solve this problem for the past week and I've gotten nowhere despite reading (what feels like) every post on the Internet that's even remotely related. Despite lots of prior robotics experience, I'm new to actually building systems within the APM ecosystem.
Objective: I'm building a fleet of DJI Flame Wheel F450s with Pixhawks, 3DR GPS and 433MHz v2 radios. I'm using a Futaba T14SG Tx and the R7008SB and R2008SB receivers. Stock DJI Opto ESCs and 2212 motors from the ARF kit.
Problem: It seems like I am simply unable to get the Pixhawk to communicate with my Rx. While attempting radio calibration, I get zero signal from the Tx. My ESCs beep 1x per second, indicating a lack of PWM signal. I have tried both the R7008SB (set to SBus mode) and R2008SB.
Of course, I'm certain at this point that it's something really stupid that I've done, but it'll take some fresh, experienced eyes to point out what that is.
- Pixhawk RC port (not SB) <-----> Rx port 8 (not SBus2).
- Pixhawk powered using included power module.
- APM Planner Mac v2.0.7.
- Arducopter (quad, X-style) v.3.1.2.
Sanity checks I've done:
1. Confirmed that the Tx/Rx binding was done for both the R7008SB (FASTTest) and R2008SB (S-FHSS).
2. Confirmed that the channel mappings in the Tx conform to Pixhawk requirements.
3. Hooked the ESCs directly to the Rx, armed the ESCs (Tx throttle to zero) and spun the motors.
4. Confirmed comms with the Pixhawk is working. Accel + compass calibration completed. Accel + compass + GPS data is coming in. Tried stable and beta 3.1.2 firmware.
Threads that I thought might be useful but that haven't really helped me so far:
What am I doing wrong?