Unable to make even first flight.

Hello,

This is my first time building a quad. Even trying from last 2  months, we were unable to make even our first flight. We went through many websites for troubleshooting our problem. But unable to find it out. 

Specifications of parts used:

Turnigy 11.1Volts 2200 mAh battery,

HW30A ESCs (30amps) 4 in number,

1100 KV BLDC motors, 4 in number,

KK2 Flight Control Board,

6 channel transmitter and Reciever model number FSCT6B,

10 x 4.5 propellers CW and CCW 2 sets.

We have done a factory reset to the KK2 board and loaded the values as per following website

http://www.instructables.com/id/A-SK450-Dead-Cat-Quadcopter-to-Call-Your-Own/?ALLSTEPS

Arming is possible. But the problem is when I arm a motor and start to give throttle, the motor is rotating for a while, When I gradually increase the throttle , the motor just stops rotating. This is the case with propeller. But if I take off the propeller and give throttle, even at maximum throttle on transmitter, the motor keeps on rotating. As soon as i attach propeller, the motor starts rotating and when i gradually increase the throttle, it stops automatically after a while. And if I attach two motors with out propellers, they sometimes are rotating at high throttle and at times, one of the motors will stop rotating after a while and other keeps on rotating till high throttle. Same happens when I add up the four motors. And with propellers, even one motor is not doing till max throttle. What I understood is, motors are not getting enough power from the battery. But the case is same even when we did replace the battery. I was thinking that the props are two large and hence the motors are not making till high throttle. But on verifying in different websites, i concluded that this is not a much of problem. There are people who made their quads with 10x4.5 props on 1100KV BLDC. Hope i am not wrong. 

Now I am unable to figure out what actually the problem is. Can anyone help me as soon as possible please. Thank you..!

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

If you connect a motor directly to a speed controller via RC receiver (not through KK board) does the motor work correctly?

Have you calibrated the speed controllers??

• And both of my 11.1 volts batteries are not being charged more than 9 volts even when i had put them charge to more than 5 hours. But when I connect this battery to a single ESC with propeller, motor is rotating till max throttle. All the above experimentation is done while batter is of 8 .5 volts charge. Does that mean a battery problem? In general, how long will it take for a 11.1 volts battery to get fully charged? 

• you will destroy your battery if use it  under 9v. (11.1 is minimum) you need to try to charge it till 12.6 to make it fully charge about how long. it depend on your charger. for example using imax b6 with 12v 5a will takes 1-2 hour (estimate). it could be the source of problem (lack of power)

possibility no2 is. your motor not suit with esc / prop. can you be more specific about motor series (ex 2212 -2816 etc) because it takes more power (watt/amps) when you put props on.

i rarely open this forum. but if you need pm me.

• Ya. It rotates. That too with out propeller. If we attach propeller, its starts rotating. then stops again with in a second. And yes, we have calibrated ESCs using KK board. The problem comes only when we attach propellers to motors. And when we attach motors to receivers with out KK board, only the motor which is attached in Channel 1 is rotating. Others are is not rotating.

This reply was deleted.

Activity