Unresponsive Roll values

When in the initial configurator screen all of my values respond as I move the copter around. When I go to the screen where you move the receiver controls, the roll does not change. I decided to test out the quad by taking it an inch or two off the ground. when it lifts it immediately pitches diagonally to one side regardless of any attempt by me to counter with the remote. I checked the transmitter connections, unsure of whether its the board, the transmitter, something else all together.unrelated but also of interest, the motors start immediately upon plug in and do not stop when disarmed (they do change RPMs down a little bit though). Definitely wont be doing any more live testing with propellers on...Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Run out of forum topics that seem to meet my issue.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thanks, sometimes I get the abbreviations and vernacular mixed up! I went through the 'calibrate transmitter' screen to make sure all the values went to min and max so that I could update them. This is where I saw that the roll values didnt move, but everything else did.

• Yes, I have built it myself from the wiki. I've calibrated the ESCs, checked prop direction (in + configuration), and the other steps suggested in the correct process. I am unable to calibrate the motors inside the configurator. I Could the issue be with DIP switches or PID? When you say calibrate RC, are you referring to more than binding the tx to the rx?

• sorry, running RC2
  • 3D Robotics
    It would help if you'd say what code you're running. Latest ArduPirates? RC2? Something else?
This reply was deleted.

Activity