Uploading code problem

Hy guys

I have some issues with uploading code via arduino IDE. It all works great when uploading via APM Planner, but when using arduino IDE something strange happens.

Let start at the beggining. I have read the instructions here http://code.google.com/p/ardupilot-mega/wiki/Code and did everything that is written.

I downloaded arduino 022, set com, set board, set shetchbook directory, downloaded latest APM code 2.211 compiled it successfully and ACCORDING to arduino IDE uploaded successfully!

But, when resetting APM board red light blinks, and when i try to do anything in APM Planner few things work... no data is coming in.... so i assume the code was not uploaded correctly! ?

What do i do wrong here? 

Thanks for any idea

best regard

j

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I also run into the same problems you have. I upload the firmware by planner to my APM 2.0 and everything works fine. Data came in and I see them in the planner. When I upload the Arducopter 2.7 by Arduino for a OCTA_QUAD_FRAME in X_FRAME (I modified the AMP_Config.h file) no data came in. No error while compiling and upload.

This is what I noticed:

When I use the planner to upload a firmware and I go into the CLI mode I can see in SETUP/FRAME:

"Octa Frame"

"X mode"

When I upload the firmware with the Arduino Software and go to the CLI mode I only see:

"X mode"

The Frame I choose with the AMP_Config.h file didn't show. Maybe this results into no data in the planner.

Did someone have a idea?

Best regards...

Joerg

• sorry didn't see other replies.

The difference i have noticed is when entering in cli mode in apm planner when i upload code from apm planner there is no Ardupilot trunk but Ardupilotmega statement and all parameters are working when checking status (horizon moves, airspeed sensor works) but when uploading from arduino i dont see any parameters coming in, just mode status when switching on rc transmitter changes and Chris i still see less options in test mode.

• 3D Robotics

What do you see in the Mission Planner terminal in CLI mode? 

This reply was deleted.

Activity