Warning: Flybar Acro Mode

Warning of an important bug.

Do not use "Flybar" mode with Acro mode.  When these are combined, the servos stop responding to cyclic input.  If you switch to acro mode in the air, you could crash.

Use of Acro mode with Flybarless selected is totally fine.

I will look into this bug and fix it for the next release.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Not in Acro mode, but it still does it in stab and alt hold mode.
  • Acro mode works with your fix

• But are the servos still stuttering?

• 3.1.4 contains an important bug fix for PX4/Pixhawk only.

3.1.5 contains a couple more bug fixes for PX4, and one fix that applies to all hardware, but it's importance is up to you:

Bug Fix to ignore roll and pitch inputs to loiter controller when in radio failsafe.

That applies to the final stages of landing on RTL.  Couple guys had flyaways on radio-off RTL because their Tx were programmed to output roll and pitch commands on failsafe (went to 1000 PWM).

• I assume its this one: Who wants to alpha test Flybarred Acro code?  ?

It's based on V3.1.3 will I loose something else important downgrading from V3.1.5?

• I did make a binary that fixed it, but it was never officially released as there wasn't enough participation from the community.  If you look around here, you'll see another thread where I posted a binary to try, and one guy did try it, and it was working.  But I didn't want to push a stable release that fixes it based on only 1 guy flying it.

• I'm still having this issue with the newest firmware, hasn't it been fixed?

• You didn't fixed it on 3.1.2 yet. Everything is okey on stabilize mode but there is one more problem with swashplate pitch angles. If i changed flying mode swashplate goes instantly down in every mode accept stabilize. May i do something wrong? Is it possible to limit maximum negative pitch angle -2 degree ?

Here is my video

• Darn,  this spells trouble for my flybarred heli.  Will this be fixed in the future or am I going to have to switch heads?

Andrew

• Developer

I've added this as Warning #6 on the AC3.1 release notes as well.  It's fallen off the "top content" section now that support is done in the APM Forum but hopefully some people will see it.

This reply was deleted.

Activity