Whats Going On Here !! APM Terminal code language

Hi everyone,

I've recently updated the firmware and flashed my apm 2.7 board. All went well, until I couldn't arm the motors with the lipo connected. It would only arm under apm.  I got it sorted anyway, by re calibrating everything under MP. I had problems with APM Planner software.

Anyway... Everytime I go under the MP terminal (and APM Planner) I get mumbo jumbo after I connect under terminal.

3691153498?profile=original

Is there anyway to remove this? I cant even re flash or compassmot. 

Cheers

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I could be having some degree of success. Thankyou so much for you guys help.  I have only just lost my com port.  Now its not working. Weird.. I will let you guys know when It all works

• Developer
    What you are seeing is the normal mavlink data coming from the vehicle. You only have 20 seconds after power up to enter the terminal. You're just not connecting fast enough.
  • think you may have to clear/wipe the EPROM, I've had this issue a few times on my APM 2.6

you can use arduino software "File->Examples->Clear EPROM"

then try load on the new firmware via "Mission Planner" or "APM planner"..

• i would normaly just load arduino ide.
      load the clear eprom sketch and upload. once its uploaded. thats you. disconnect then load up apm planner and run install wizard. :)
      • Just cleared the EPROM.  Maybe I have made it worse.  It was succesful although.

Once i'm under CLI and connect, it just says port open. I cant type in anything. So I need to install a frame type.  I tried this, and when the part comes (Reading Hex) it hangs and then says Communication Error- no connection.

Its not the internet, as i have also chosen (Load Custom Firmare) I have also tried the Wizard install. Same thing.

Have a stuffed my apm board?

• Never mind Marty.  I think I have just missed a step.  Hope all goes well from here on.

Cheers

• Thanks Marty.  I don't usually use Arduino sotware.. I do have it installed, Do I need to type anything after i click on clear EPROM menu? Because i have gone back into APM and it still comes up The code EPROM ?.

This reply was deleted.

Activity