I have successfully built an API that will work with Ipad/ Iphone and will be able to port it to Android. This app can create missions, follow live mavlink .9 (Still working on 1.0) data with telemetry data. Cool thing is that it is a cheap cable to make. I want to know how many people would be interested in this App and the cable. There will be two versions one for jail broke devices that will have a few extras and for regular IOS and Droid OS. If there enough buzz I will give a lucky few in couple weeks a free beta pass through iTunes to be able to test and use for flight. What the app does is that it send a mavlink message to the xbee or 3d radio back and forth so you be able to fly and track using your tablet or phone.

https://code.google.com/p/airmavgcs/ 

Project Home

3690943318?profile=original

3690943370?profile=original3690943422?profile=original3690943404?profile=original

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I forgot to add I might add joysticks on the lower corners of the screen but they will only work in FWB or manual mode. Depends with test and see if there lag. I was able to fix out the lag issues with python. Python uses low memory to be able to use memory somewhere else.

• Update. Still waiting for Apple after new contract was signed. I rewriting some code for the iAP chip for non jailbreak devices. MAP and telemerty is coming out pretty nice. Since the hardware I am making is not off the shelf working on the final touches for for AIRMAVGCSv1.0 module. The module will come with a adapter for Android device connections. So far cost to make one device for R and D perpuse. $10 board + $15 bluetooth Apple + $5 SMD chips + $25 Time and labor = $55 Total. Don't know how much the adapter will be should be cheap. All made in the USA. So cost is going good. The app will be $9.99 both for Iphone and android. Now for bet atesters the app is free. However, the hardware will sell at cost and not at commercial cost. So I have a list of names all ready so be prepared for a email in the near future.
    That all at this time.

• Update test module is working like a charm with 3DR radios and xbees. Works better with 3DR though. Will try some long distance radios soon. Working with Apple still they have millions of questions and I have millions of answers. We are now down to two questions. Who going to make them and what brand? So good to go there. I know they are going to take 20% of anything I make but that is ok. The device is still projected to be 50-100 bucks range. The app will have to be fix with the bluetooth and wifi api that is only provided with apple MFI program. Won't take to long. Almost there.

• Zachary,   I would like to add myself to the list of people that would love to get this.  Thank you for working on this application.   Sounds like there is a lot of demand for it.

• Finally back from California been super busy. Project is back on progress. Apple is working on another contract of course and still working on the app to be user friendly. Wasn't able to get on the net since I was in a mil op. Boards are at my house so making the casing sometime this or next week. Will have pictures soon.

• Been working on the code lately it been Mavlink, Mavlink, and Mavlink, Oh I forgot Mavlink is keep me busy. Xcode/objective C is the main language readers at this time. Working on GUI interface to be able to set modes. Probley will test it when I get back from Cali. Will be moving project to Git soon. I will hopefully be able to get a basic.app out soon for beta testers. Hardware is being proccessed couple of weeks till I get the boards.

• I know how to wright programs and stuff. I never used google projects how do you link the git to your computer I know it a stupid question, but I like to start getting code online. What program do you to publish code. Also, xcode and mavlink are one finally got the kinks on the messages back to the gui interface to present data on screen. I have few new buttons to help change flight modes and draw lines to new waypoints.

• I'm also very interested in Ipad app. No matter it will be for jailbreak or not.

• Update. Still waiting on Apple. I be going to Cali this Sunday again for couple weeks to get some stuff work out. Hopefully we can get the ball rolling so I can get these chips. Software is still being workout and has a good foundation for options.

• Update final board design is going to be sent to BatchPCB for making. Going to make a few runs and have selected beta testers test out hardware and app. Still waiting for apple to give me the go ahead to order the chips with the decoder for non jailbreak devices. (Hopefully I get the goahead sometime this week.) I have a few emails addressess of people intrested, however, I need you send a message to my inbox mail and explain what uses and how this app and hardware benfit you. How much do you fly and also are you located in the states or far away? Thanks

This reply was deleted.

Activity