Why not, Record and Play? Thank you, Rick!!!

Rick PurdomSep 13th, 12:27amI am a professional thinker. Yes, we are out there! I have an idea that I am giving you guys, gratis! I don't know too much about the drone technology but I have seen these small drones that you can fly remotely with an iPhone or iPad. I was wondering why no one has come up with an app that will "remember" a flown route and be able to replay it "hands free". Here is my idea. A docking station for recharging, kind of like those drone vacuum cleaners! You would fly your drone in a given route for, let's say, a surveillance or a large property, ie. Ranch, farm, apartment complex, car lot, salvage yard etc. at a pre-programed time, the drone would launch, video record it's route and return to base, dock, recharge and upload the video to your home base computer for viewing.Why hasn't someone come up with this?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Admin

@Matt,

With the ArduRovers it is called the Learning Mode and can be used to manually drive a course recording the waypoints at various points on the course to be able to later have the rover run the course autonomously in the Auto Mode.

I usually try to use a rover test course where there is a recent aerial view on Google Earth so I can prebuild a mission for autonomous operation. However, where there is no recent aerial view of a course in Google Earth, I will drive the rover manually over the course, recording waypoints as I traverse the course, and then run the rover in the Auto Mode over the new course making waypoint corrections as I complete each run.

Regards,

TCIII AVD

• Thanks, Tom. So, are you somehow converting an rlog or tlog into a waypoint file? How does one engage learning mode from mission planner?
This reply was deleted.

Activity