WP Speed Question

Hi Guys,

Its just a quick couple of questions but i couldn't find the answers anywhere :(

I have ran a few missions and all bar the first have gone really well (first failed due to me not double checking all the parameters). I will be attempting my first spline waypoint mission on friday and am just in the process of setting it up. Under the parameter tree i have WP Speed set to 300 cm/s which has worked fine on previous missions. I am now using a spare channel on my remote to channel 6 on the apm and i have set this to control the WP Speed on the extended tuning page. Now i assume the minimum and maximum underneath the drop down are min and max speeds and i am assuming that they are in m^s-1 as when i tryed to put 25 and 700 as the min and max it replaces 700 with 32.76 which i can only assume is the maximum speed in ms^-1? (i initially thought the units would be cms^-1 like elsewhere)

My other question is now i have this set up on the extended tuning screen how will having WP Speed set to 300cms^-1 affect it? Will it now be ignored? If it will be an issue how do i get around it?

I am running 3.2.1

Thanks in advance

Rob

QuadParam.png

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I fell foul of that issue too. The units aren't scaled the same for channel 6. I can't remember the multiplier but I think it was a factor was a factor 1000. Try dividing the chan 6 limits you set by 1000 and test by refreshing. If not 1000 try 100 and 10 etc

• Thanks, i now have them set as 0.25 and 7 which hasnt thrown up any weird values so im hoping that is right however it would be nice to know what is actually correct before flying. Also if i want the speed to be 7ms for example will the actual top speed be limited by angle_max?

• Been trying to get this set, too for a while, and I just can't believe that there's NO documentation about this, nor anyone in the know how to set this right.

Imho, in Mission Planner, all the values should have units written out beside the input fields. Not having those there seems a rather dangerous and inacceptable situation because we're talking about flying lawnmowers.

So, another try to get anyone of the devs to respond here:

What are the correct values for wp_speed min and max in the channel 6 tuning field???

This reply was deleted.

Activity