X UAV Talon parameters

HELP

I bought a XUAV Talon with wing extensions in 2015 and still haven't been able to fly it using waypoints and using the RTL. I am able to fly it manually.

The radio is set up with Manual, FBWA and RTL

Pixhawk with the latest Plane3.7 and Mission Planner

I have flown it manually and according to the MP, it will fly in a circle if the radio is turned off. Ground tested.

If I switch to FBWA it flies fine and stabilizes accordingly.

If I switch into RTL on the radio, it dives for the ground and the throttle increases.

Does anyone have the parameters for this as this has been most frustrating and I have been wanting to use the waypoints and fly it with confidence. My radio has been set up (T8FG) and it all seems to work with the plane, but for some reason, I cant fly waypoints and I am worried that if I lose signal, it will crash.

Look forward to some help.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• do not use someone else's param file. it may not work. jsut check for the PID for roll2srvo and picth2servo and NAV2prd from the wiki documents and create your own params for other items.

• Hi Graham and Scott

Tx very much for replying so soon.

Unfortunately I reset the pixhawk completely yesterday and so would have to do another test run, which I will do and post the log.

I am still new at this Pixhawk/Mission Planner as I have been using DJI in the past, but have been learning much to do with all the setups etc....but still missing things....

Having looking at the parameters I have setup, my TRIM_ARSPD_CM = 1600cm/s

My plane was flying at about 60m above the ground at about 11m/s. I will look into this.

You don't by any chance have already setup Talon parameters that I could upload and fine tune to my settings.

The other thing I am not sure about is my override to the safety switch as my switch broke, Not too sure if this would have an effect.

Really appreciate your help

• Agreed.  I'm guessing the plane is flying below the specified cruising speed (TRIM_ARSPD_CM) when he enables an auto mode and is diving to speed up.

A log would help.

Diving and speeding up is a symptom of the plane sensing it's going too slowly or it's altitude is wrong or possibly tuning. Incorrect airspeed sensor placement/setup can cause this as well as wrong speed parameters but there are many reasons why it would do this. Flying FBW-A is good as it'll prove that the plane can fly OK but you're controlling throttle, however FBW-B uses throttle as well and will show up problems by adding the throttle to the mix.

I usually use LOITER as the next step after FBW-A as that will show if the plane is capable of maintaining a course around a point. If the plane dives on the downwind leg then you need higher pitch_P as a start.

This reply was deleted.

Activity