xbee pro 900 communication problem

Hi I have 2 xbees pro 900 (the 60mw?) along with an xtreem bee adapter and a usb adapter from sparkfun.

The xbees are set as per instructions with 1061 firmware .

Yesterday I tried for the first time to have them communicate with each other but I had no luck, the set up was ardupilot connected to the xtreem board (dip switch set to master) and usb adapter to the computer with the GSS software.

Both xbees have the same id and same baudrate , tried with APM and HGGCS and only the later breifly for a couple of seconds seemed to connect before link was lost.

I also run the tests from within APM CLI and with arduino but there was no result.

It seems to me that I miss something but I do not know what, I have been through the whole documantation at least 10 times and right now I am in a dead end.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance Tassos

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• ok problem solved, xtreem board was badly soldered and soldered was in the header resulting in bad contact.

After resolder it , I had already updated the xbee firmware to 1061, that firmware will not work with my xbees, so when I reflashed with 1002 everything  works perfect.

Thanks for all your help and DIY store try to do a better soldering job , I just wasted 6 hours of my life for a bad soldered pin.:()

• Admin

Tassos,

What Xbee USB adapter are you using?

The Sparkfun USB adapters were using a voltage regulator that could not handle the Xbee Pro current requirements causing the Xbee to constantly reset when it tries to transmit.

Just a thought.

Regards,

TCIII

This reply was deleted.

Activity