XBEE Pro 900 Stopped Communicating

I have been using the XBEE modems with success for some time now.  Yesterday I did a flight and they worked fine with version 1.0.34 of the Mission Planner and my APM.  I removed the modems from my aircraft and laptop and my buddy installed them on his laptop and APM as we have done successfully before.  He has the same hardware/software versions as I do.  But this time he couldn't get them to communicate.  We switched back to my hardware and the same problem.

I checked them out on the X-CTU program and the aircraft modem appeared to have bricked.  After some wrestling with the software, I finally got both modems working again on the same ID and the X-CTU Test/Query works for both.  But I still can't get them to connect when using the Mission Planner.

Is there an updated version of software that needs to be reloaded into the modem that bricked?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Update.

I was able to download updates for version 1061 via X-CTU.  I loaded both modems with the new version.  The ground modem loaded fine, and a Query shows it has version 1061.  The modem I use in the aircraft appears to load 1061, but a query shows version 1161 and if I try to read the configuration I get a pop-up that says "Teh modem configuration file was not found.  Would you like to check the web site for updates?"  I do the check, it downloads updates for other modems, I reload but the same symptoms.

Is my air side modem "toast"?

This reply was deleted.

Activity