XBee's are driving me up the wall....

I recently had an issue with gyros during initial post assembly checks. After sending my APM and IMU back for solder re-flow I now have a functioning stabilization mode and am waiting for my new transmitter to get here. In the mean time I have decided to try to get my XBee modules to talk to each other and I. am. going. crazy. First of all I am running the new APM 2.0 and have an XBee Pro 900 XSC on the plane end and an XBee Pro 900 XSC RPSMA on the laptop end. I reprogrammed the XBee's for 9600 baud (even though they came that way) and can't figure out where to change the serial 3 out to 9600. I am using the diydrones XTreamBee boards for both. The manual is confusing me quite thoroughly and I don't think it has been updated for APM 2.0. Maybe it has, I don't know I'm not a computer programmer. If possible, I would like a no-nonsense step-by-step instruction of how to get these little b*stards talking to each other. In hindsight I would have gotten ones with a higher data rate but at the time I was interested in a higher range and didn't know that the APM would not like a 9600 baud. Please help!! Thank you for your time,-Robb-

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Ok now I have been searching on how to do a direct chat with someone and cannot figure it out...
  • Darren, thank you for replying but I already have that in my APM_Config.h file and it doesn't work. What is PM and I believe I will hit you up for live chat but it will most likely be tomorrow if that is good for you. Doug, I have to use 9600 baud because that is the rate limit that these two particular XBee's can transfer. I would go 56k if I could...
  • Developer
    Robb,  9600 is a poor choice for XBee baud rate.  If you turn on even one of the telemetry data streams as a high rate you are likely to swamp the channel.  56K is the recommended baud rate.  Many are using 115K without issue.
  • Robb, your going to need a custom APM_Config.h with the following

#define SERIAL3_BAUD    9600

If you need help setting this up, i can walk you through it...

Hit me up on PM or on Live Chat

This reply was deleted.

Activity